The Central Coast Comprehensive Immigration Reform Taskforce is an alliance of diverse organizations that believe in a comprehensive immigration reform that will guided by the following principles*:
1. We recognize immigrants’ full humanity and seek immigration laws which protect the human and civil rights of immigrants. We seek an end to the criminalization of immigrants
2. We seek laws which uphold family unity
3. We believe that comprehensive immigration reform will provide economic opportunity to our region while upholding worker rights.
Farmworkers are of particular concern to us as they are vital to the local and national economy and face particular issues related to their immigration status
4. Just and humane reform will provide a fair process to secure legal residency and ultimately U.S. citizenship
5. We believe we must address root causes of immigration for long term solutions.
Increasingly militarized border enforcement has led to the death of thousands of people and does not provide long-term solution to the push and pull factors which bring immigrants to our nation, even without a lawful process to do so.
We will contribute to our democratic system by doing the following:
• Facilitating cross-cultural alliance building
• Educating ourselves, the public, and our elected public representatives about the complex historical and present day elements of immigration reform
As of January 2013, the taskforce includes:
Black American Political Association of California (BAPAC) Ventura County Chapter
Casa De La Raza
Central Coast Alliance United for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE)
Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice (CLUE) of Ventura County
Clergy United for Economic Justice (CLUE) of Santa Barbara
La Hermandad Mexicana
LULAC Santa Maria chapter
Mixteco Indigena Community Organizing Project (MICOP)
Santa Barbara Community Action Network (SBCAN)
Santa Barbara Democratic Club
United Domestic Workers
*Special thanks to CLUE-VC for development of the principles