CAUSE is a base-building organization committed to social, economic, and environmental justice for working-class and immigrant communities in California’s Central Coast. We build grassroots power through community organizing, leadership development, coalition building, civic engagement, policy research, and advocacy. CAUSE envisions a thriving Central Coast that provides a sustainable and just economy created by and for workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
CAUSE is currently seeking an organized and motivated Office Manager to oversee the daily operations of our offices. The ideal candidate should be bilingual and possess excellent communication and leadership skills. This position will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient functioning of our workspace and fostering a positive and productive work environment and providing comprehensive support to our leadership team. This position will be based in either our downtown Ventura or Oxnard office.
The Office Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administrative Leadership:
- Ensure that all administrative functions are executed efficiently.
- Implement and maintain office policies and procedures for optimal operational efficiency.
- Support on regular data entry using CiviCRM
- Check mail daily
- Facility Management:
- Coordinate office maintenance and repairs, ensuring a safe and functional workspace for all employees.
- Manage office supplies and equipment inventory, replenishing as needed.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to meet team needs for purchase orders
- Visit each of the five sites on a regular basis
- Bilingual Communication:
- Translate documents, emails, and communications as required to facilitate effective organizational communications.
- Provide interpretation support for meetings
- Calendar and Travel Management:
- Support coordination of executive calendars, scheduling meetings, appointments
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flights, accommodations, and transportation, for employees and executives.
- Financial Support
- Support payroll processing in cases where Finance Administrator is unable
- Correspond with vendors and contractors
- Meetings and Events Coordination:
- Support organizational events, meetings, workshops, and fundraisers
- Ensure that event logistics are executed seamlessly, including venue selection, catering, and materials preparation.
- Administrative support for regular staff meetings and retreats
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) and bicultural competency required
- Bachelor's Degree or other higher education a plus but not required
- Two years experience with employment and/or intern experience with transferable skills to that of an Office Manager
- Prior employment and/or intern experience within Latinx immigrant communities preferred
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for social, economic and/or environmental justice
- Experience with and desire to work with diverse cultures and the ability to engage people from a variety of backgrounds on a one-on-one basis or group format
- Ability to interact professionally with elected officials, donors, board members, leaders of ally organizations, and news reporters
- Experience with using common office computer programs (Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel) as well as web-based Google applications (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Hangout)
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to set own work priorities, manage responsibilities and time
- Flexibility and willingness to work some evenings and travel throughout region
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- High level of discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valid drivers’ license and dependable access to a car to drive for work required.
This is an hourly position with a typical 40-hour work week. This position has flexible hours and may often include evening and weekend work in order to support on community meetings. CAUSE has a hybrid remote/office work arrangement (3 days in office, 2 from home).
Starting pay for this full-time hourly position is $25/hour (estimated $52,000 annual). Benefits include 100% paid medical and dental coverage including dependents, paid sick and mental health days, holidays and flexible paid vacation days in addition to typical two week paid annual holiday shutdown, paid family leave, annual retirement contribution, monthly stipend for use of cellphone and travel, and professional development opportunities.
To ensure pay equity across our team, salaries at CAUSE follow a formula based on position and tenure and are non-negotiable for individual candidates. However, we have a fixed salary scale providing additional pay for candidates with years of relevant job experience significantly beyond the minimum qualifications listed in this job description.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, December 8th. Interview process will include a formal interview with senior staff. Please e-mail resumes with cover letter to Vicky Curtis at [email protected]
CAUSE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN AND PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.